The International Antarctic Centre is open 7 days a week, Monday – Sunday, from 9am to 4.30pm.
Our Cafe is open daily too, here you’ll find a range of tasty menu options to fuel your explorations. We pride ourselves on our handcrafted baked goods and, with a number of gluten and dairy-free options, there’s something for everyone (excluding the penguins and huskies – they’ve got their own special diets).
If you’d like to book a conference or event outside of our opening hours please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you!
- Adults: General Admission $49 | Ambassador Club $70
- Child (5-15 years): General Admission $29 | Ambassador Club $35
- Family (2 Adults + up to 3 Children): General Admission $119 | Ambassador Club $150
- Senior/Student (with valid ID): Gernal Admission $29 | Ambassador Club $50
Add a backstage visit to see how we care for our rescue penguins:
- VIP Backstage Penguin Pass (includes General Admission) $69 Adult | $39 Child | $49 Senior or Student
General Admission INCLUDES Hägglund Field Trip, Husky Zone, Storm Dome, Penguin Rescue, HD Theatre and 4D Theatre. Backstage Penguin Pass is additional.
Ambassador Club is our version of an Annual Pass – a one-off cost means you can visit as many times as you like across a whole year + more discounts! Hägglund Field Trip, Husky Zone, Storm Dome, Penguin Rescue, HD Theatre and 4D Theatre. Backstage Penguin Pass is additional.
The best tourist attraction in Christchurch is just a short sled-ride from the city or a quick penguin waddle from the airport.
To be more precise, the International Antarctic Centre is approximately 15 minutes drive from Christchurch central city or a 5 minute walk across the road from the Christchurch Airport terminal.
38 Orchard Road, Christchurch Airport
Call Free: 0508 736 4846 Phone: 03 357 0519