It’s time to sit back, buckle up and hold on. Our unique outdoor adventure course has been designed to give an adrenalin-filled taste of the challenges driving across, through and over the icy continent.
You’ll be aboard the Hägglund, an amazing all-terrain amphibious Antarctic vehicle that’s been built to conquer the rough terrain on the ice.
This unique tracked machine delivers an incomparable passenger experience. You’ll feel what it’s like for scientists in Antarctica as they travel across the ice, up and down hills, over crevasses and through water.
It’s a highly authentic journey. While not for the faint hearted, you can ride safe in the knowledge that our expert Hägglund drivers navigate the obstacles within a fun, thrilling, but ultimately safe environment.
What You Need to Know:
- The Hägglund Field Trip is included with a General Admission ticket.
- The “expedition” is approximately 15 minutes in duration.
- Children should be at least 5 years old to enjoy this ride.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 5 may ride at parent’s discretion. Children under 3 are not permitted.
- For safety reasons, personal discretion is advised. We do not recommend this ride for visitors with heart conditions, back or neck pain, or those who are pregnant.