Our popular tour programmes give you the chance to see up close all the fascinating work done ‘backstage’ in our penguin habitat and penguin welfare centre.
VIP Penguin Backstage Pass
Want to see just what it takes to keep the stars of our show healthy and happy? We’ve got the exclusive tour just for you…
Limited to just 8 visitors per tour, our Backstage Pass takes you into the areas not accessible to other visitors. It is hosted by one of our Antarctic Guides – they’ll share their experience and expertise taking you through the daily routines and long-term goals of our penguin habitat and programme.
You’ll see how our quarantine area works, learn about penguin feeding and husbandry and take your penguin knowledge to the next level.
*Health notice: The VIP Penguin Backstage Pass is not recommended for anyone with a compromised immune system (i.e. chemotherapy or HIV exposure) due to the close bird contact and potential exposure to bird feces.
What You Need to Know:
- Ticket price includes general admission to the International Antarctic Centre.
- Backstage tours are limited to 8 visitors at a time. Bookings are essential.
- Tours are in English only.
- Tours are run daily at 11 am, 12 pm and 2 pm.
- Please be at the centre at least half an hour before the tour time.
- Sorry but the tour is not suitable for children under 6 years of age.
- Not suitable for wheelchairs or those with limited mobility (stairs involved).
Breakfast with Penguins
The menu’s great, the view’s spectacular and our little friends in feathered tuxedos oversee the service.
For the perfect start to the day, it’s hard to beat our breakfast with the penguins tour. Here the early bird will catch breakfast, learn about Antarctica and get to enjoy all the other exciting experiences here at the centre.
Breakfast commences at 8 am next to the Penguin Encounter and includes an informative talk on Little Blue Penguins and Antarctica. After a hearty meal you’ll have all the energy you need to tour the rest of the centre.
Please note: There is a minimum number of 20 guests and a maximum of 40 for this special breakfast event.
To book a breakfast with the penguins session for a minimum of 20 guests please contact us [email protected]
What You Need to Know:
- The price is available on application (no, you can’t ‘put it on their bill’).
- There is a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 40 guests entry.
- We offer a breakfast only option, as well as a breakfast plus attraction option. Please advise which option you’d like to book.
- Your hosted breakfast begins at 8 am.
- Presentation is in English only. A Chinese service can be arranged upon request.