The best tourist attraction in Christchurch! Explore Antarctica through the Hägglund Field Trip, Husky Zone, Storm Dome, Penguin Rescue, HD Theatre and 4D Theatre. Open 9 am – 4:30 pm.
GENERAL ADMISSION + VIP PENGUIN BACKSTAGE PASS
Ticket Includes General Admission Entry
- Adult Ages 16+
- Child Ages 6-15
- Student Please bring ID on the day
- Senior Please bring ID on the day
- Family 2 Adults & 2 Children Ages 6+
See Our Penguin Habitat Up Close!
Want to see just what it takes to keep the stars of our show healthy and happy? We’ve got the exclusive tour just for you! This popular tour programme gives you the chance to see up close all the fascinating work done ‘backstage’ in our penguin habitat and penguin welfare centre.
Limited to just 8 visitors per tour, the exclusive pass takes you into the areas not accessible to other visitors. It is hosted by one of our Antarctic Guides – they’ll share their experience and expertise taking you through the daily routines and long-term goals of our penguin habitat and programme. You’ll see how our quarantine area works, learn about penguin feeding and husbandry and take your penguin knowledge to the next level!
- Your Penguin Backstage Pass includes a General Admission Attraction entry ticket.
- Backstage tours are limited to 8 visitors at a time. Bookings are essential.
- Tours are in English only.
- Tours are run daily at 11 am, 12 pm and 2 pm.
- Please be at the centre at least half an hour before the tour time.
- Sorry but this tour is not suitable for children under 6 years of age.
- Not suitable for wheelchairs or those with limited mobility (stairs involved).